It’s not that I’m too sensitive, I just have an excellent radar of what gives me energy and what takes it away. The problem is I need to listen to that radar as the built-in gift that it is!
My Radar showed me this week the 10 things that send me backwards into a radio dial of YUCK vs. YAY while on the Internet.
- Reading Local News. Here in Yavapai County we have the most BEEP’ed-up and corrupt system. It’s like the local agencies and judicial system are all high on crack making decisions, and spend most of their time trying to cover up how much they screw up. It’s soooo disillusioning and brings up feelings of hopelessness.
- High School news. I will say it if no one else does–why do I want to hear about folks who I went to high school with so many years later? Didn’t I escape being an insecure, clumsy teenager with superficial silliness? Does it even matter anymore? And the high school friends I want to be in touch with, I am already in touch with. Ugh. There’s also the “how is my life now?” thing that happens in your head. I think it’s called midlife crisis. Another Ugh that spirals down.
- Politics.The politicians right now are all playing mean head games and no one is honest and upfront. It’s an empath’s nightmare.
- Celebrity deaths. So, so sad. What a waste. Such heartbreak.
- Spam. I don’t want to grow my manhood two inches or pick up hot dates. If I get one more “Adriana wants to talk to you”, I will scream! Spammers, do me a favor. At least be better marketers. When you send these things out, find out if you are sending to a man or woman at least.
- Angelina Jolie news. I really don’t care Angelina is now engaged to Brad Pitt. Let’s face it. Beyond the personas, you know you pick up that they are pretty screwed up underneath. Besides, I don’t have a relationship with these people. They aren’t my people.
- The internet’s use of women as parts. I see that kind of stuff and I feel like my power is being stripped away from me until all that is left of me is how big my boobs are or how thin I am.
- High School. I know I said that one, but I think it really pushes a button. Because I’m feeling Yucky again. How many years ago was that for cripe’s sake?
- Photos of Abused Dogs. I know you want to arrange awareness for what happened to a poor, abused dog, but I’m visual. This image won’t leave me for days. Plus, I’m empathic and can pick up the dog’s pain. It’s like I’m getting abused seeing these photos. That doesn’t help your cause or the dog.
- Spiritual Quotes that don’t really say anything. I like my guidance to assist me or give me tools or a new awareness. Crap like, “Just be love,” doesn’t work for me. It’s just floaty and airy, and I think you are probably smoking something good vs. being enlightened.
Okay, now that you are annoyed and bothered with me, let’s go for the opposite.
- Real Support. I’ve really loved and enjoyed all the beautiful, inspiring and loving people I’ve met on Facebook and through my website. Where did you come from? Where were you most of my life? I am so grateful for your inner beauty and how much you have gifted me. Such lovely community!
- Photos of dogs doing cute things. I especially love stories about dogs who are heros and make a difference in their people’s lives. My heart just sings when I see these things.
- The right words. Don’t you just love when someone posts something that you so needed to hear that day? It’s pure guidance channeled through them.
- Good news. I love to hear good news about my friends and how life is being hopeful and positive for them. That helps me feel more hopeful for my own life.
- Authenticity. I would much rather hear someone being real, like saying, they feel like crap or are sad. Or they are frustrated because this manifesting thing isn’t working! I hate the false positive stuff.
- Inspiration. As an artist, I can be fed a simple picture and be inspired to make a slew of things. Watching one episode of Project Runway on Netflix has me redesigning my clothes and dressing the dog.
- Information that really helps. A lively discussion can lead me to the right supplement to give to Sarah, or whatever else I’m researching in the moment.
- Fairy anything. Like duh. Of course I’d like this. Show me a fairy house or a beautiful flower and I’m fed.
- Sometimes I like the Astrology or God Wants You to Know statuses, when they are spot on. Then they fall into the category of #3.
- Humor. Boy, I love how easily humor can lift my mood so quickly. I then take life so less seriously. One really good episode of Saturday Night Live on Hulu and I’m practically peeing in my pants.