Frustrated? Nerves on edge? Feeling a little nutty? You are not alone. There is an evil plot to slowly drive us crazy through objects and inventions that were released into society.
- Venetian Blinds. There is a science to pulling the two strings in at just the right combination to be able to adjust the blinds to the right level. I usually pull, and the blinds are up to the ceiling or fall down and touch the floor.
- Double-stick tape is a wonderful device invented to stick paper to other paper, but it also adheres to your fingers really well. And your clothes. And your dog.
- Tight bottle caps. I always think about, when I will be a little old lady with not a great deal of strength in my hands, how in the world will I open up the jars or cans when they are so strongly kept shut?
- Pens that don’t work. Much worse are pens that work for a few days and then you spend the next few days trying to make them work again.
- The touch-screen cell phone. Great invention that allows my phone to call whoever it wants just by me throwing it down onto the bed or into my purse.
- Bags with holes. You only notice the holes after you loaded up the bag.
- Glue Stick is much like double-stick tape. Somehow, whenever I use glue stick it manages to stick on everywhere on the page but the paper I intended it for.
- Missing socks. You know there is an evil fairy that comes in and takes solitary socks and hides them from you. It could also be a government conspiracy plan. I am thinking that this fairy also puts the holes in the bags.
- Propane bills. Start out with a reasonable, small bill. When you really need the heat, throw in an enormous bill just to see customers go crazy by the unexpected.
- Fancy buttons on pants when you really, really, have to use the bathroom. That’s just cruel.