Here is my top 10 lists why being Empathic can suck and not suck.
The 10 Reasons Why Being Empathic Can Really Suck:
- You can feel deeply when loved-ones are in pain. Sometimes, you can confuse what they feel with what you feel.
- The world can overwhelm you. Bad things happen like the tsunami in Japan, and you feel deep pain, sadness, ennui, and helplessness.
- You can feel deeply intimate and close to others when it may be hard for them to return the favor.
- You can have lots of astral and mediumship visits, hear your animals, and there are tons of voices or feelings and information coming towards you.
- The planets moving around and the moon cycles affect you where others walk around mindless and untouched.
- You have access to deep information which others don’t have and therefore, you feel the need to jump in all the time.
- You feel deep responsibility.
- Your feelings are easily hurt and wonder why others can be so cruel with their words.
- You care about other people. A LOT.
- And number 10, folks can look at you a little crazy because you can see the Fairy light in the bush, you hear your animals’ thoughts and you know someone is upset even when they insist they are just fine.
Empath, before you go jump off the bridge, I offer the 10 things that don’t suck about being an empath.
- Because you feel deeply, you really experience life and all its pieces. You’re really living your life richly and thoroughly.
- Yes, the world can be overwhelming, but you have healing and psychic abilities that others may not have and can make a big difference in healing the world.
- Yes, you can feel closer to others, but you teach them how to really love and love themselves. What a gift that is and what a teacher you are. Plus, you can feel love from many places to fill up with.
- Being psychic, your world is not limited. It’s expansive and filled with mystery. You don’t have to accept that a loved one is gone or that there is a separation between you. You know and feel there isn’t.
- You are in-tuned with the earth and can better heal you and itself.
- That deep information helps you understand other people and have compassion for them so you don’t need to judge or fall for surface stories.
- That deep responsibility makes you a honorable and trustworthy person.
- Your feelings get hurt easily, but this allows you to teach others that have no sensitivity at all. You have what they miss and need.
- There’s nothing wrong with caring about other people. It’s why we are here–to help ourselves and each other along the road. How cool is that?
- If crazy is being open to all the magic in the world, why would you want to be closed off from that?
So, you see dear empath, you are gift to the earth and what looks like something wrong is something very right.
Want more tools? Sign up for the Care of the Sensitive class, or Empath Skills class, or buy Help! I’m Sensitive.