I’ve been creating this line of cards with empowering sayings lately. I then came across a blog with very un-empowering words and I thought, how much of us have been pelted with these kinds of comments in our lives? You know what I am talking about…words that bring you to the knees into shame.
So, here’s my Sayings for Greeting cards We Never Want to Read. Ever.
- Your best is not good enough. (ouch!)
- You just didn’t try hard enough! (ouch!)
- Don’t cry. Just soldier on. (ouch!)
- I never really loved you. (really below the belt!)
- Why can’t you be more like your brother? (or sister?) (hello?)
- This is probably the most you will ever be. (that was low!)*
Okay, now that you feel like total poo, don’t EVER believe any of that.
Here’s something to raise your spirits where they belong.
(* Have any more beauties to share you’ve been pelted with? Unleash their power here in the comments).